Welcome to Wapak!
Welcome to Wapakoneta.org, your central point for all things Wapak! News, community events, fun facts and history and so much more. Join us as we build the online version of our beautiful town.
Auglaize County Courthouse
We have one of the most beautiful courthouses in Ohio. Lawyers from around the state stand in awe as they enter the courtroom. You need to see it on the inside!
Fun Stuff To Do In Ohio
Bored? Looking for something to do? Here are some ideas:
Wapakoneta, Ohio is a truly unique small town with lots to offer. “Wapak”, as residents called it, is located on the intersection of I-75 and state route 33. It’s a town of about 10,000 people.
Wapakoneta is known for being the hometown of Neil Armstrong, the first human to walk on the moon. The Armstrong Air & Space Museum honors the Wapak native and shows a rich history of America’s space program. This space museum has part of it built to resemble a big white moon which can be seen from I-75.
There will be much more to see and do here as we roll out updates. Please bookmark us and check back! We aim to be your community based site for all things Wapak, including news, events, history, classified listings and more.
How to Say “Wapakoneta”…
- No events
Recent Blog Posts
- Volunteers of Year named
- Crisis Center holds annual auction
- Building Docs share prescription to cure local ailing structures
- Paper mill project just part of Pratt's promise to America
- Candidate proves she's accessible
- Casino Night benefits Rotary projects
- Legislation passes -- but not without its share of drama
- McGowan touts his problem solving, biz skills
- Watering flowers just got easier
- Wapakoneta could help tell the story